On May 10th, 2017, various members of the Kansas City chapter of the Conference of Minority of Transportation Officials volunteered to serve as a Resource Partner for the Midwest Supplier Diversity Exposition 2017. The free event which took place at the Metropolitan Community College Business and Technology campus provided a great networking opportunity for dozens of diverse business owners and vendors, as they sought to answer procurement needs.
Supplier Diversity Program Coordinator Chris Kelly shared her photos and testimonials from participants. Plans are already underway for next year’s event.
- “Out all the events we attend both local and national, yours has been not only the most well-organized but also the most fruitful for minority-owned businesses such as ours.” — Michael Olyaee, iDataLytics
- “We are truly blessed to have such a great advocate such as yourself (Kelly) who not only talks the talk but also walks the walk and helps bring business leaders and WBE/MBE’s together. Thanks for a great show! I met a lot of great people and made some new contacts.” — Gordon Carlson, Alexander Mechanical Contractors
- “Thank you for planning such a beneficial event. We enjoyed the opportunity to participate.” — Karen Crnkovich, DMC Service
- “I want to thank you for the great event today! You did a fabulous job!” Tracey Hawkins, aka “Tracey, the Safety Lady.” Safety and Security Source
- “We made some good connections with employers who have veterans affinity groups. Those contacts should enable Veterans Upward Bound to reach more veterans in the greater Kansas City area and inform them of our mission to help them reach their post-secondary education goals.” — Gerald Beechum, MCC–Penn Valley Veterans Upward Bound
- “Thank you so much for all you do for our community. You just keep on inspiring us, year after year after year!” — Mark Smith, Hallmark
We have provided photos from the event for you to view, more photos and information about the event is located here. Thank you MCC-Business and Technology Campus for including us and hopefully we can serve as a resource for small businesses again next year!